A Note on Links: When reading back posts, please be aware that links have a short half-life. You can find working links to all of the MHS resources on our Educator Resources Page.

Thursday, May 13, 2021

Teaching the Bozeman Trail

Last Tuesday, I wrote about a video recommended by Frenchtown teacher Allen McCarty: The Bozeman Trail: A Rush to Montana's Gold, which is available at WyomingPBS and on YouTube.

Red Lodge teacher Steve Morris responded right away: "I just completed the Gold and Silver Boom segment of our 8th Grade History here at Roosevelt Middle School. The PBS video regarding the Bozeman trail was my central resource and received a lot of student engagement as we explored Montana's approach to Statehood. Via Google Drive, I’ll share the Hyperdocs I developed around the video so you can see just how fun it was for our Rams!" And then he gave me permission to share his material: "Share away, happy to contribute to our community of practice from which I and the students I serve most certainly benefit. SlidesMania.com is my go-to resource for Google Slide Templates, the PBS video presented a plethora of teaching opportunities, and I really enjoyed putting it all together." So, with no further ado, here are Steve's slides: 

Montana's Gold and Silver Boom HyperDoc I

Montana's Gold and Silver Boom HyperDoc II

Let's Keep in Touch


 

No comments:

Post a Comment