A Note on Links: When reading back posts, please be aware that links have a short half-life. You can find working links to all of the MHS resources on our Educator Resources Page.

Thursday, October 8, 2020

Upcoming Professional Development

Please mark your calendar--and register--for our October 20, professional development focused on Primary Sources for Teaching Montana History. I have some new resources I'm excited to tell you about, and look forward to answering questions you may have, but I'm most excited to learn learn through discussion about what's worked in the classroom. We'll meet from 4:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m. on Zoom. I'll send registrants a link a few days before the meeting. The meeting will not be recorded. Register here.  

I'm also looking forward to attending the MFPE Annual Educator Conference online. I'll giving the Montana Council on Social Studies keynote this year on October 15 from 3:00-3:50. The topic I chose is "Who Is History?" I'm working to make this as interactive as I possibly can as we explore big questions (what brings history alive and why history matters) as well as specific resources to help students understand their connection to our common past. 

Looking over the MFPE program, I am most excited about two Indian Education for All sessions that Mike Jetty and his OPI colleagues are offering: "Teaching about Contemporary American Indian Issues," (10/16, 2:00-2:50 p.m.) and "Understanding and Utilizing the IEFA Foundational Documents (10/16, 9:00-9:50 a.m.) as well as the presentations on improving remote/online teaching. Find more and register at the MFPE Conference webpage. Hope to "see" you there!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment