A Note on Links: When reading back posts, please be aware that links have a short half-life. You can find working links to all of the MHS resources on our Educator Resources Page.

Monday, May 6, 2013

How Do You Use Biographies in Your Classrooms?

Bryan Pechtl from Scobey sent this idea in response to my recent post on the resources we gathered for Montana student biography projects

“Great info! I'm passing along an activity I do with my kids. It's, obviously, a play on Face Book. The poster templates are from Teacher’s Discovery and can be ordered online. Kids love them because they're fun, and I like them because it drives the research of their subjects. I try to pair up people and have students' subjects chat with each other, Custer and Sitting Bull, for example.”

How do you use biographies in your classrooms?

2 comments:

  1. A teacher told me about this site via email: Fakebook - http://www.classtools.net/fb/home/page.

    "However," she says, "it is too complicated for all but the most electronically sophisticated elementary kids."

    ReplyDelete
  2. More fake facebook resources, these, fittingly, from the Montana Council on History and Civics Education Facebook page: http://web20edu.com/2011/04/16/fake-facebook-templates-and-pages-for-student-projects/

    ReplyDelete