A Note on Links: When reading back posts, please be aware that links have a short half-life. You can find working links to all of the MHS resources on our Educator Resources Page.

Monday, November 4, 2013

Veterans Day

Next Monday is Veteran's Day, so I thought I would preview some good resource material.

In honor of Veterans Day a few years ago, the National Museum of the American Indian ran a story about Joe Medicine Crow and his service in World War II--including video.

Here are some other Veterans Day resources--including letters from Montana soldiers.

p.s. Missoula middle school teacher Karin Flint responded to my last post about brands to remind me of a wonderful (my word, not hers) brand lesson she, Linda Giammona-Eggers, and Wilma Tabaracci wrote for Grant-Kohrs Ranch. It is one of the many resources featured on the educator resources page for Montana: Stories of the Land Chapter 8, "Livestock and the Open Range, 1850 - 1887."

No comments:

Post a Comment