- Project Archaeology Educator Field School
- Date: August 5-9, 2013
- Place: Virginia City and Nevada City, MT
- Cost: $568 for 2 graduate level credits – EDCI 588-801 or $250 for 30 OPI Renewal Units
- To register and for more details: http://btc.montana.edu/courses/aspx/descrip3.aspx?TheID=618.
- Still have questions after exploring the link? Contact Crystal Alegria at (406) 994-6925 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursday, February 28, 2013
Project Archaeology Course in Virginia City, Aug. 5-9
Here is another summer learning opportunity: Project Archaeology is offering its “Investigating Shelter” course in historic Virginia City, MT, August 5-9, 2013.
I hear rave reviews about Project Archaeology’s “Investigating Shelter” course—teachers especially like the ready-made take home curriculum that they can immediately implement with their students.
Here’s the scoop:
This course and the curriculum guide, "Project Archaeology: Investigating Shelter" will give you everything you need to engage students in scientific methods and historic inquiry and show them how archaeology can help us solve problems today. Your students will apply archaeological concepts as they investigate an archaeological site using primary data sources such as maps, artifact illustrations, historic photographs, and oral histories. Back in the classroom, you can use the curriculum to fulfill many core requirements in social studies, science, mathematics, language arts, and art, while the students are discovering archaeology and history through engaging hands-on activities.