This fellowship will be awarded to two Montana residents involved in a public history project focused on exploring local history. The award is intended to help Montanans conduct research on their towns, counties, and regions using resources at the Montana Historical Society. Research can be for any project related to exploring local history; including exhibit development, walking tours, oral history projects, building history/preservation, county or town histories, archaeological research, class projects, etc. Fellowship awards of $1,250 each will be given to two researchers.
- travel to the MHS to conduct research
- spend a minimum of one week in residence conducting research
- provide a copy of their final product or a report on their completed project to the MHS Research Center
Applications for the Dave Walter Research Fellowship are evaluated on the following criteria:
- suitability of the research to the Society's collections
- potential of the project to make a contribution to local history
- experience in conducting local history research
Montana Historical SocietyPO Box 201201
Helena, MT 59620-1201
Applications can also be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications submitted via email must be received on March 1, 2013.