The Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History supports “the study and love of American history through a wide range of programs and resources for students, teachers, scholars, and history enthusiasts.” By all accounts, its programs and materials are first rate—their focus is national, not regional (and they have very little specific to Montana), but for American history, it doesn’t get much better than Gilder Lehrman.
Gilder Lehrman is now accepting applications for its School Affiliate program. This program provides FREE professional development on a continuous basis for participating schools.
Benefits to participating schools include
• Invitations to professional development opportunities for teachers, including priority consideration in Gilder Lehrman’s renowned 40 summer seminars
• Personalized master teacher consultations on the Civil War Essay Contest, National History Day, History Club, and Saturday Academies
• Free and discounted GLI materials, including materials for Constitution Day and Black History Month, posters, booklets and calendars
• Access to an exclusive Affiliate Schools section of the GLI website
• 25% discount at the Gilder Lehrman Institute online store
• Special access to the Gilder Lehrman Collection, recorded lectures from historians, and traveling exhibitions.
For more information, visit the Gilder Lehrman website http://www.gilderlehrman.org/